Why pay for and manage hosting that’s sitting idle most of the time? And what happens if your app needs to scale unexpectedly, or just periodically, and you don’t want to have to worry about that too much? Consider using Amazon Web Services. Together, S3, Lambda, CloudFront, API Gateway and DynamoDB give you a highly scalable super fast set of services where you only pay for literally what your site uses: compute time, data transferred and storage. There’s no server to manage or secure, it scales automatically, and you can pick and choose which pieces you need to apply to your problem, as you need them, without commitment.
In this workshop we’ll talk about what each of these services do and how they fit together to make a complete interactive mobile Web application, building a small but useful mobile Web application from the ground up. You’ll come away from this workshop with a basic understanding of several AWS services, and how to apply some or all of them to your projects.
One half-day workshop is included with your ticket, but seating is limited and pre-registration is required. Check your conference materials to see which workshop you chose.
To get the most out of this workshop you should:
- Bring your laptop, with a text editor and a Web browser
- Install AWS CLI on the laptop (we’ll give you credentials)
What you’ll do:
- Get signed in to AWS and explore the Console
- Experiment with and understand AWS Identity & Access Management
- Configure and secure several AWS services
- Build a small AWS-backed mobile Web application using those services